Sometimes I write a post and then forget to post it because I will write it and then feel 'wow this is really lame I'll just save it as a draft and edit it later and post it.' Well thats what I did with that last post so I am doing a more updated one right now, this is why I am posting twice in one day.
So yes last week as most of you know by now was Jasons 23rd birthday. I can't believe we met when he was 19..... Anyway, I threw him a surprise party which had to be one of the scariest things to do ever because I knew it would mean a lot to him but I was so worried that people wouldn't show up and instead of feeling how loved he is he would feel bad that a lot of people hadn't shown up. Thankfully of the 25 people I invited, 30 people showed up! My parents kitchen was super packed. Here is a picture of his cake, it's kind of dark:

I am giving myself a pat on the back with this cake because I designed the picture that is printed on there and it was such a hit, a lot of our friends were shocked that I had designed that. I feel pretty good about myself looking back at that picture lol. My parents got video of the party so when I get that from them I will post it too.
I was really pleased the night was such a success, Jason kept saying I can't believe everyone was there, I can't believe how many people were there, I can't believe that all my friends showed up- after a while I was like ok ok I get it. I did an amazing job haha.
Also, this last weekend Jason moved into his first shop!! I am so so so so soososososo thankful he has this place now because the car parts in our dining area were really starting to cause problems with my feelings towards him.
On a more relevant note, it is starting to bring in a lot of business. Jason said the other night that he didn't realize before how much more credibility a shop would give him. Before we started moving stuff in we had to seal the floor using that garage floor paint and omg I am so sick of painting. If I have to edge a floor ever again I think I'll die. I'll post pictures of the shop later because there isn't much to it right now.
On a more relevant note, it is starting to bring in a lot of business. Jason said the other night that he didn't realize before how much more credibility a shop would give him. Before we started moving stuff in we had to seal the floor using that garage floor paint and omg I am so sick of painting. If I have to edge a floor ever again I think I'll die. I'll post pictures of the shop later because there isn't much to it right now.
PS My birthday is this Thursday so feel free to leave me a note about turning the big 21! ;)



3 comments:
well, i was one of the awesome people who showed up at the surprise party. thanks, again, jocelynn for putting it together and more importantly, remembering to invite us {this really is the first time i think i have been invited to a b-day party for anyone in brett's family}. hope you are enjoying your 23rd year, jason. and very cool about the shop. wish you the best of luck with everything - and would love to see pics. very exciting. and i can't speak for everyone, joce, but i would love to see you post more - even if it is "lame". love you guys.
i want to know who the 5 people were that showed up un-invited? :)
happy birthday, jocelyn. what day is it, exactly? it's probably not on our official family birthday calendar yet.
What we have an official family birthday calendar?
Post a Comment