I have found what I want to do with my life. I want to be an Event Planner. Or rather a CSEP. Certified Special Events Planner. In June I helped at work with our yearly convention, I ran the registration desk, worked on the sales floor. Played bouncer for the VIP events. It was all chaos and noise and long hours. I loved it. Three months ago I got to help again with one of our regional coventions in Anaheim. It was smaller but I'd say way more fun then the big event and I realized on the flight home that I could that over and over. There is something supremely satisfying in watching an event go from ideas on paper to an experience for other people. Since then I have been harassing the Marketing department to let me on as an assistant to the Events Team and finally this week I really got somewhere. My involuntary mentor Carly pulled some strings and did a little political maneuvering and got me part time in the department training for an actual promotion that is meant to happen after 30 days of training. Ironically the event we are working on right now is in a month. That will be kind of like a job interview I imagine. To even start to get certified I need to have been in the industry for at least 3 years so the sooner I can get an events title the better.
Jason let his mechanic at the shop go and started focusing again on his sales and then taking smaller jobs in the shop and has been turning quite a profit thankfully. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for the business debt.
I might as well mention this here. Last weekend we took a trip to Idaho and picked up a Dodge Stealth Jason bought online that he is going to part out and use to get his car running. He is really excited to turn the $500 he spent in getting the car into the projected $3100 he should get for parts. My lesson learned in that weekend excursion was that we need a truck before we do anymore trailer towing. Time to get rid of the Jetta and get me 4 wheel drive I think.

August Anaheim Convention
Amber, Christian, Mickey, (world of warcraft character), Carly, Me, Chase
*While we were at the Anaheim Convention Center there was another Convention for the makers of World of Warcraft. We snuck in and ran around taking pictures with people in costumes and going to the Ozzy concert.
2 comments:
Let me be the first one to write on here that I think you'd be FABULOUS at this. I'd def come to you for all my events!!! lol
so great to finally know what you want to do when you "grow up" =). i'll cross my fingers for you that you get that promotion.
Post a Comment