Friday, April 24, 2009

My new goal

Blogging via phone is my new best friend. I'll be on here much more now.
So Jason and I are all moved into my parents basement (huge thanks to my family for their help with this task.) and the move went surprisingly smooth with a few fights of me trying to get Jason to do manual labor :P. For those of you who haven’t heard yet my parents are getting divorced and Jason and I decided to move into the basement so as to help financially with the split and so i can be with my youngest sister. It’s been nice so far being at home. Also, Jason’s shop is going really well, he is picking up a hoist this weekend so no more jack stands. We have enough referrals now that people are stopping by because they heard someone talking about us. J gets a real kick out of that, our conversations after work usually start with, "So I had 2 guys stop in the shop today..." I nod and smile and am excited for him.
I have been learning some hard things about marriage the last couple of months. A couple of nights ago I had a meltdown- I have really been struggling with the transition to wife. I didn’t think much would change since Jason and I lived together before the wedding but wow. I’ve got a lot more respect for ‘wife’. I didn’t naively think that getting married would be a fairy tale and I felt prepared walking down that aisle but man. Anyway during my crying I kept wondering why I was so sad and I realized I was having a hard time loving myself. I felt down on myself because I am not working toward anything and do not have a clue what I want to do with my life. I work and go home and do it over again. Luckily I have Founders training in 2 weeks, I’m hoping that will light some type of fire but I have also set the goal not to be so hard on myself. Does anyone else have this goal?

2 comments:

amyraye said...

Jocelyn-
a great goal to have for yourself, but don't let it rob you of doing something great with your life either. Definitely give yourself a break, but set some small goals for yourself, too. Have you been able to put a finger on what you're so disappointed with yourself about? your parents' divorce probably has more of an effect on you than you realize. definitely a lot of emotional stuff going on for you. we're women, and, naturally, we're hard on ourselves (and emotional about it). but we are strong too and can do anything we set our minds to. i'm sorry the transition to being a wife has been so hard and emotional for you. it is a normal part of transition, though. hang in there. i think you're married to a pretty great guy.

kristen said...

I agree with amy. don't know you very well still, but if you ever need help or just need to talk, any of us are here for you. good luck.

i'm sorry to hear about your parents. its nice that you and jason are there to help out. I bet that will be nice for your mom-? and your sister.